How to get key file and cert file

Hi,
I am trying to configure a phoenix server to have ssl certificate via let’s encrypt but I am not sure how to get key file and cert file for the same.
As my need is to place those files into my server folder structure.
thanks

404 error nginx

Hi,

You can grab the certificate from certbot, then link the file from certbot folder to your desired folder.

Thank you

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I want a certificate that is dependent neither on an os (debian-8) nor or a software (nginx). i want a general certificate that will work on my phoenix server. So can you please tell me the certificate that i will get by the above method will have any dependency or will it be a general one.
Thank You

Certbot (or any of the other client software) will give you a standard x.509 certificate, which will work with any software that uses such certs. However, you’ll need to use some client software to get the cert. I tend to favor the alternative, shell-based clients like dehydrated or acme.sh, but they’ll all leave you with the same cert.

Thanks for your reply.
I got the certificate but when i tried to open the file i found it to be empty. Is it an error or it comes like that only?
Thanks

Can you share us the name and path of the file you are trying to open?

Thank you

…and what exactly you did to obtain/create that file?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.