How do I obtain a certificate

OK I will try again. I don' think any of the details should have changed.

1 Like

You will be please to hear that I now have ssl installed on my website. Thanks for your assistance. I have learned a lot. I will be very pleased to again donate to certsage, which does the job very neatly. My only suggestion is that its instructions be broadened to cover a wider range of host servers and software, if you have not done that already.

5 Likes

I'm happy to hear of your success. :partying_face:

I will be incorporating several improvements to both the software and instructions into the next release of CertSage based on feedback from this and similar threads. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Great. Things change so rapidly these days it is hard to keep up. I have wasted two hours today trying to sort out a sudden problem on my smartphone caused by changes to a government website here.

2 Likes

the only other question I have relates to auto renewal. How is that achieved with certsage?

2 Likes

At present, CertSage doesn't support autorenewal. Even if it did, that wouldn't be possible given your hosting provider's limitations. Renewing your certificate with CertSage is the same process as acquiring a new certificate.

3 Likes

The certificates are valid for 90 days so you'll need to use CertSage to grab a new certificate and upload it every 3 months at the latest, but I'd do it at least a week before expiration in case anything breaks you have time to fix it.

3 Likes

OK thanks. Why does it have to be done so frequently? Is that purely for security reasons?

3 Likes
6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.