How do I de-select domains from certbot menu?

My goal is to use letsencrypt for a single domain. When running certbot-auto to set everything up for the first time, I ssh into my host, and from the terminal session I get a little graphical menu “Which names would you like to activate HTTPS for?” with a list of like all 30 domains or whatever hosted from my apache.

How do I de-select domains in this interface?? I can navigate the domain list to select various domains, I can click OK and Cancel, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to toggle the little checkboxes (bracket-asterisk-bracket) next to each domain. I have been using various flavors of Unix for 22 years, from SunOS to BSD to Linux, including various text menu interfaces, and I have no idea how to make this work. I’ve tried minus, the asterisk key , backspace delete, forward delete, and none of that works. There should really be some kind of simple text explanation for this in the UI if you’re going to go to the trouble to build such a nice-ish UI.

This is the menu I’m talking about

You can toggle items by navigating to them using the arrow keys and then pressing spacebar.

1 Like

:smile: apparently, 22 years wasn’t enough :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.