How can Install minimal Nginx?

Hi,

Certbot or I nuked my nginx. It doesn’t work as proxy server anymore. After certification renewed 3 times (in 90 days period) my nginx proxy_pass not working. I don’t remember but I use Certbot to install my nginx. And my /etc/nginx/ folder had it only 2 folder. conf.d and snippets folder. I configure and test it that was working. Since than I am trying to work on my project and using nginx as proxy server. yesterday I reset my ubuntu so I can instal everything again. My question is that I need to install minimal nginx only supports the based index.html and redirect the rest. I lost all my configuration as well. My question is:

1. How to install minimal nginx so I can have only 2 folder (conf.d and snippets folder)?
  2. www.examples.com is my domain. I need to server only index.html in here. and everything related to www.examples.com/******* (start part) need to be redirect to 127.0.0.1:1024. how can I do that?

Thanks

Hi @NTMS2017,

While this isn’t technically a Let’s Encrypt question, you can find articles spread across the internet that should help you configure your nginx server and use a Let’s Encrypt certificate. Here’s a few articles that could help you from my quick Google search. These are in no particular order.

Best of luck out there!

1 Like

I have some information here : https://tophostcoupon.com/how-to-install-lets-encrypt-certificate-on-centos-7-nginx/

1 Like