Help! Certificates not registering in browsers - security alerts constantly

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: Aushdc.org.au

I ran this command: na

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): No

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Yes - go daddy

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Our membership organisation is on wild apricot membership system. It uses lets encrypt for the security certificates. The wild apricot system is saying that our certificates are in place but the browser says they're not- all users are getting security alert when they try to open the page. Apparently it was renewed on 30th April 2021. Ive checked with go daddy that our settings are correct.

I don't know what else to do or check. Help!?!

2 Likes

Perhaps you might just need to restart the web service ... ? ? ?
The site is still service an old cert [that expired 4 days ago].

2 Likes

and there seems to be some additional confusion:
There are two certs:

• one for the www name (www.aushdc.org.au)
  • one for the base name (aushdc.org.au)

[Both were renewed but neither is being served]

2 Likes

Yup that's what I'm seeing too. Sadly Wild apricot has not responded. I keep refreshing the certificates and they confirm all settings are correct.

I can't restart the web service I don't think... wild apricot is in charge of the servers

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.