Google Cloud SSL certificate limit problem

My domain is: www.sorozatmax.hu

I ran this command: ./certbot-auto certonly --webroot -w /var/www/html/ -d sorozatmax.hu -d www.sorozatmax.hu

It produced this output: ./certbot-auto certonly --webroot -w /var/www/html/ -d sorozatmax.hu -d www.sorozatmax.hu Requesting to rerun ./certbot-auto with root privileges... ./certbot-auto has insecure permissions! To learn how to fix them, visit https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/certbot-auto-deployment-best-practices/91979/ Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log Plugins selected: Authenticator webroot, Installer None Obtaining a new certificate An unexpected error occurred: There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new order :: too many certificates already issued for exact set of d omains: sorozatmax.hu,www.sorozatmax.hu: see https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/ Please see the logfiles in /var/log/letsencrypt for more details.

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Google Cloud Platform

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No

So I have a little bit problem, if I try to get a SSL certificate its get a error code you can see in the top of the page.. I'am new in the Google Cloud so I messed it up a few times, and now Its ok, but I can't get SSL certificate bcz the limit.. How can I get a certificate? :confused:

Hi @vdominik17

read the link shared in the error message. Then use one of the certificates you have created.

Hi! @JuergenAuer Thanks for the reply,
I'am not a big programmer.. The commands what I use from Youtube video..
What commands I need to run for?

You have to understand the command you use before you use it. Doing things again and again is always wrong.

Please read

then

So I readed it.. If I understand correctly I need that command:
certbot --expand -d sorozatmax.hu -d sorozatmax.hu -d sorozatmax.hu

My english is not so good bcz I'am Hungarian, but I try so hard to write understandable..
I tried the command and its get a error: certbot: command not found :confused:
What can I do?

Many thanks,
Dominik.

It's not that part (certbot or certbot-auto) @JuergenAuer is talking about. You need to understand what the application certbot (or certbot-auto, which is just a wrapper script around the certbot client) does. Don't just copy/paste any command you read on a YouTube video. Understand every part of the comma d you're typing.

In any case, you messed up like you said yourself. But that doesn't matter to Let's Encrypt. The rate limits are there for just such a reason. There is no way to "reset" a rate limit.

1 Like

It looks like you figured out a way around the limitation:
crt.sh | sorozatmax.hu

Hopefully you figured out how to automate the renewals too :slight_smile:
We will find out in less than 90 days.

Cheers from Miami :beers:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.