Get SSL certificate for GoDaddy domain

Hi I am having difficulty setting up ssl certificate on a GoDaddy registered domain.

My domain is: isambardlegal.com

Registrar is Godaddy

My hosting provider of the main app is: Vercel - They issued a lets encypt cert but cannot provide the certificate https://staging.isambardlegal.com

The Authentication provider is Okta

Login subdomain I want is: login.isambardlegal.com

I don't have shell access

How do I get an ssl certificate so I can set up my custom domain in Okta?

Thanks for your help

2 Likes

Three LE certs have been issued today:

1. isambardlegal.com & www.isambardlegal.com
  2. *.isambardlegal.com
  3. isambardlegal.com

The second one could be used to cover both of the staging & okta names.
[#3 is probably useless or at least less useful than #1]

2 Likes

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community, Oliver :slightly_smiling_face:

Who is your hosting provider?

Vercel, Inc.
2 Likes

So it looks like you're currently serving a Cloudflare cert for isambardlegal.com and www.isambardlegal.com even though you have a wildcard *. cert from Let's Encrypt. Keep in mind that the wildcard certificate will cover www, staging, and login, so you don't really need a new certificate unless they are going to be on different webservers (as @rg305 has already mentioned).

1 Like

So the is a web hosting company - which seems hands on:

and there also CloudFlare - which is very capable of providing all the necessary certs:

Certificate chain
 0 s:/C=US/ST=CA/L=San Francisco/O=Cloudflare, Inc./CN=sni.cloudflaressl.com

And yet... you ask:

Well...
There was a cert issued that can do that: The wildcard - #2 (shown above).
You should really start by tracking down that certs whereabouts (all of them actually).

2 Likes

Hi,

Ok so the issue wasn't getting the SSL cert, I needed to copy and paste the code and private key etc... Vercel couldn't provide that..

In the end I set up cloudfare (which I didn't have when I originally posted), which seems to have done the trick. It allowed me to download the details I needed for Okta, and add a login cname. Thanks

3 Likes

Glad it worked out. If you still need assistance at some point, we're here. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.