GeoIP2 databases require personal license key to download

Hi Noob User here,

I am currently using lets encrypt as a docker within my unraid server, for the most part it is working fine.

The current issue is read from my logs, I believe it is a note letting me know that I can add a GeoIP2 license if I add an environment variable.

“Starting 2019/12/30, GeoIP2 databases require personal license key to download. Please retrieve a free license key from MaxMind,
and add a new env variable “MAXMINDDB_LICENSE_KEY”, set to your license key.”

I would like to utilize the feature, so I have signed up to Maxmind and managed to, by filtering through with my limited knowleged to generated a license.

At this stage this is where I have got stuck, only for the firm reason I don’t want to break what is seemly working for the most part.

I want to add the env variable, So I opened a console to the lets encrypt docker and opened the enviornment text file in nano, but after searching the internet to learn how to add the command to call for the database, I have found serval ways to do this causing me some confusion, I am hoping I could get a little help to correctly add the right syntax command to enable the feature as I don’t want to break it.

I always say any help would be greatly appreciated, so any help would be greatly apreciated

Hi @danietech

that's not a Letsencrypt problem.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply

Just curious to why this is within the Lets encrypt docker?

1 Like

I’m 100% positive that the docker image you are using is not supported/created/maintained by LetsEncrypt.

It is more than likely maintained by LSIO, so find their Discord and ask them for help there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.