Force renewal doesn't update expiry email notification

Greetings,

I attempted to force-renewal a certificate to the domain egyptfoss.org, it worked successfully and I managed to renew the certificate to have the expiry date to be on Monday, April 17, 2017 at 2:15:00 PM. but I always keep getting notification that the certificate will expire within days, and now the latest email i got from expiry@letsencrypt.org.

Your certificate (or certificates) for the names listed below will expire in 0 days (on 06 Feb 17 07:06 +0000). Please make sure to renew your certificate before then, or visitors to your website will encounter errors.
egyptfoss.org
www.egyptfoss.org

can someone explain how this works, and why do i get emails with wrong expiration date ?
Thanks a lot for your help.

Force-renewal shouldn’t be necessary compared to normal renewal. Could you explain why you needed to force?

That said, if the new, renewed certificate doesn’t contain exactly the same FQDN’s, you’ll stil get mails about the previous certificate. In that case, you can ignore them.

If you look at all your certs for that domain: https://crt.sh/?q=%egyptfoss.org

You’ll see at the bottom the certificate you are getting the email for… Just 2 domains.
Since then, you’ve requested other certificates with more domains. Let’s Encrypt doesn’t know you don’t need to renew the first certificate, because the list of FQDN’s is different.

You can safely ignore the expire email :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.