Today some of my certs renewed, and for the first time they were using the new certificate chain (DST X3 -> ISRG X1 -> R3 -> cert). So far so good, but for some of my certs I like to use OCSP stapling, and some of the new certs failed to download their OCSP stapling file.
I retried a few minutes later and some of the certs now succeeded in getting their OCSP stapling file, but some still failed. In particular, my cert for dmz.lespinasse.org is still failing to download at the moment.
Just posting to report the issue - I can wait a few days for a fix, but I just wanted to make sure the issue is known in the first place (I have not found recent prior reports here). I only have one cert that seems to be stuck without an OCSP cert at the moment, but a couple other certs hit the same issue initially, so I figure this may possibly be a widespread issue ???
To answer the troubleshooting questions list:
My domain is:
I ran this command:
It produced this output:
- Using certificate specific config file!
- OCSP_DAYS = 3
- OCSP_FETCH = yes
- Checking domain name(s) of existing cert... unchanged.
- Checking expire date of existing cert...
- Valid till Aug 5 23:02:56 2021 GMT (Longer than 30 days). Skipping renew!
- Updating OCSP stapling file
ERROR: Error while fetching OCSP information: Responder Error: unauthorized (6)
My web server is (include version):
(not relevant here - dehydrated just generates certs, I install them manually)
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
The version of my client is (e.g. output of
certbot-auto --versionif you're using Certbot):
dehydrated version 0.7.0-2~bpo10+1