Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.
My domain is:
I ran this command:
sudo certbot --manual certonly -d dev.unityvillage.org
It produced this output:
IMPORTANT NOTES: - The following errors were reported by the server: Domain: dev.unityvillage.org Type: unauthorized Detail: Invalid response from http://dev.unityvillage.org/.well-known/acme-challenge/fteAvEUgDUcNWUuYaek3c-yiAm4P_ZfwkCVcz0FKXrA: "<!DOCTYPE html> <html lang="en" dir="ltr" prefix="content: http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/ dc: http://purl.org/dc/term" To fix these errors, please make sure that your domain name was entered correctly and the DNS A record(s) for that domain contain(s) the right IP address.
My web server is (include version):
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
This is a server for the development of our Drupal 8 site. Initially I thought it was something with the Drupal .htaccess configuration so I redirected the apache 000-default to have a DocumentRoot of /var/www/html to avoid anything Drupal. I created a “Hello, world” at index.html that is accessible from the browser. I also have attempted to install the cert with the --apache and --webroot plugins. I ran it as a manual update to make sure that the challenges were being created properly, and accessible to the outside world. You can see one here:
The error message shows return content that begins with <!DOCTYPE… which should not be happening. The references to purl.org look identical to the headers created by Drupal which is in a completely different directory and should not be involved with the challenge/response.
The error message I am still getting is the same as when I had the DocRoot pointed at the Drupal site. When pointed at the Drupal directory I tried the webroot and apache plugins with the same error message. I updated the apache config, restarted apache and even restarted the server, but am still getting the same error as if I had not changed anything.
Almost all of the errors reference the DNS A record being incorrect, but I have checked with several different tools and everything seems to be resolving correctly.