Expired SSL-need to get it released to my website host

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:
www.lauramangumrd.com
I ran this command:
No commands have been run. I am a graphic designer who built this website in Wix. It has been working fine for months, it’s an old domain name with a new website and web host Wix, who provides SSL. Not sure why after months of this being up, the SSL expired. The domain host is register.com who points to wix. How is “Let’s Encrypt” involved?
It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
Domain host: register.com Website host: Wix (they provide SSL, but somehow Let’s Encrypt is showing it expired)
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):
Don’t know
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

1 Like

Hi @Jules,

Sites use digital certificates to confirm the security of web browsers’ connections to them. Let’s Encrypt is a free public certificate provider. Wix, among other hosting providers, uses Let’s Encrypt certificates to allow the sites that it hosts to offer secure connections.

For several reasons, Let’s Encrypt can’t do anything unilaterally to fix this problem; you need to ask Wix’s support to help figure it out, because they’re in charge of everything related to their use of Let’s Encrypt services. There are several possible reasons that the automated certificate renewal could be broken, but only Wix is in a position to figure out which one applies.

They do have some very basic troubleshooting documentation at

but if that doesn’t help, you’d need to contact their support.

1 Like

Thank you for your help. It was finally resolved the third time that I contacted register. com and someone actually found an asterisk where it was not supposed to be in the CNAME. Your answer helped me understand what was going on. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.