Excuse me, what's wrong with this report

I ran this command:weerr.cn

It produced this output:Get Certificate

My web server is (include version):Error: Command failed: certbot certonly --config "/etc/letsencrypt.ini" --cert-name "npm-22" --agree-tos --email "[redacted]" --domains "*.weerr.cn" --authenticator dns-dnspod --dns-dnspod-credentials "/etc/letsencrypt/credentials/credentials-22"
An unexpected error occurred:
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'zope'
Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /tmp/certbot-log-963njiet/log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.

at ChildProcess.exithandler (node:child_process:402:12)
at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:513:28)
at maybeClose (node:internal/child_process:1100:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:304:5)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Synology DS918+

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: DSM 7.1-42661 Update 4

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):I don't know

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of or if you're using Certbot):certbot --versioncertbot-auto --version

Hi @weng8858, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

You've only shown a very small peice of the puzzle: The problem.
In order to understand how/where the problem has occurred...

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

3 Likes

I think it's pretty likely that the cause of the issue is that you're using Certbot 2.0 or newer, where zope is no longer included by default, but the certbot-dns-dnspod project uses zope without explicitly depending on it in its setup.py file.

I don't think there's much you can do as a user other than report this to the project maintainer for certbot-dns-dnspod, or possibly downgrade Certbot to v1.32.2.

3 Likes

Wouldn't upgrading to Certbot 2.1.0 help too?

Also, this looks like NPM (nginx proxy manager). I'm not sure how NPM handles Certbot updates. Perhaps this might even be a bug worth reporting to the NPM managers if they pin certain dependency versions.

4 Likes

yes NPM

I was using a NPM

Nope, plugins that want to register as zope plugins will still need to depend explicitly on zope, even in Certbot 2.1.0+.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.