Error invalid Email

Hi,

I host several websites with my hosting provider. I have successfully installed several certificates for the domains hosted there. When I tried for the domain tugelarapids.co.za I got this message:
“Error creating new registration.Type: urn:acme:error:invalidEmail”

Strange. So I tried again and again

I eventually used my gmail address, and then it worked.

Is there a limit to the number of certificates lets encrypt will generate for a single email address?

I am using plesk control panel …

An example domain I installed a certificate using my email address : cavern.co.za
my email address is murray dot carte at oliviershoek dot co dot za

How can I change the email address in future?

Hi @murray654,

When I checked the logs for your client the only email I see being rejected with the invalidEmail error is for an address @olivierhoek.co.za. The server side is reporting that there was an error looking up the MX record for this domain.

I can verify that with a UDP query I get an NXDOMAIN, with TCP I get a SERVFAIL:

$> dig +tcp +short olivierhoek.co.za MX
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

There is no rate limit based on the email address. All of our rate limits are described here.

I'm not sure how this can be done with the Plesk control panel - you should consider contacting Plesk support for this question. Certbot has a --update-registration flag that can be used for this.

Hope that helps!

oops I did not notice that my email address was spelled wrong…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.