Error creating new order on associato.studio tld

My domain is: associato.studio

I ran this command: certbot certonly -d associato.studio --dns-cloudflare --dns-cloudflare-credentials /somepath/cloudflare.ini --dns-cloudflare-propagation-seconds 60 --keep --agree-tos

It produced this output: An unexpected error occurred:

There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new order :: too many certificates (5) already issued for this exact set of domains in the last 168 hours: associato.studio: see Rate Limits - Let's Encrypt

My web server is (include version): Apache2 2.4.38-3+deb10u4

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Not applicable

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 0.31.0

I batch domain renew every 2 days.

1 Like

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community, Paolo :slightly_smiling_face:

Given this command (with --keep):

I'm very surprised that you hit the duplicate certificate rate limit.

What is the output of this command?

certbot certificates

Certificate history of associato.studio

I noticed that you're using Cloudflare. You might want to consider using a Cloudflare Origin CA certificate rather than a Let's Encrypt certificate to secure traffic between Cloudflare and your webserver because it's easier to acquire and lasts much longer than a Let's Encrypt certificate.

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024787372-End-to-end-HTTPS-with-Cloudflare-Part-1-conceptual-overview

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/articles/115000479507

Please look at the following list of certificates issued for your hostname here:

(You might need to renew a few times if an error turns up, it seems crt.sh has a heavy load currently.)

You see your certbot is renewing TWICE a day sometimes even.. Why? Do you have --force-renewal set somewhere? Perhaps in /etc/letsencrypt/cli.ini? Could you please share the entire contents of /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log?

1 Like

Sorry, my fault, another batch was still running.
"certbot certificates" helped me to solve my issue.
Many thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.