Error codes reference

Hi all,

Today we experienced this error for the first time:

Unexpected error
+Response from server:

• Code: Forbidden
  • Content: {
    “type”: “urn:acme:error:unauthorized”,
    “detail”: “Error creating new authz :: “example.com” was considered an unsafe domain by a third-party API”,
    “status”: 403
    }

We identified the issue to be caused by Google Safe Browsing having an active “unsafe” listing for that domain, so we’ll manage that.

However, we’d like to handle these errors in a better manner in our systems, e.g. to display more informative error messages to our clients, rather than just a general error. In that regard; is there any official documentation of the various errors that can occur? For example, are there any other scenarios for which a status of 403 will be returned, or will it occur exclusively for the above error?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

I think this would be a good question for @cpu.

Anyone able to clarify this? :slight_smile:

Hi @cpu, do you have any information about this?

It would also be possible to look through the Boulder code

It’s a lot of code, but it’s well-organized.

is this not google safe browsing?

@hognevevle - can you check your site on https://www.google.com/transparencyreport/safebrowsing/diagnostic/

Andrei

I don’t think there is a comprehensive resource for error codes. I’d recommend referencing the ACME spec, the Boulder divergences doc, and the Boulder source in that order.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.