Error 526 Invalid SSL Certificate

When I try to log into my Wordpress for my website, I get the error above. Also, when I try to visit the website on Safari I get the same error. On Bluehost, it says that my certificate expired on May 2, 2021. I tried to click on RENEW, but it didn't help. I am not an expert in this. Could you kindly direct me how to fix this? Thanks.

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:www.columbusmonumentsyracuse.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):Bluehost/Wordpress

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:Bluehost

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):I don't know

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):Wordpress

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):Not sure

Hi @Columbus1492

you use Cloudflare. And your description says: You use an internal Bluehost ACME-client to create a certificate.

Looks like that ACME-client doesn't work with Cloudflare.

May be because Cloudflare redirects the traffic to https, that can't work if that client uses a pure http validation (via port 80).

Conclusion: You can't change your hoster. So remove the Cloudflare CDN.

PS: Looks a little bit more difficult.

That's

D:\temp>nslookup columbusmonumentsyracuse.com.
Name: columbusmonumentsyracuse.com
Address: 66.235.200.145

not a typical Cloudflare.

Instead:

D:\temp>nslookup 66.235.200.145
Name: host77.ipowerweb.com
Address: 66.235.200.145

Something else. But why is there a Cloudflare answer with the 526 status?

Remove that stuff, your domain should have an A record with your real server ip, nothing else.

1 Like