Error 429 - too many requests

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: deatheaterband.com

I ran this command: Went to sslforfree.com and requested SSL for the domain.

It produced this output: Error 429 for too many requests.

My web server is (include version): Easywp

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):unknown

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Namecheap

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): i dont know

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

Hi @nathangiff

checking your domain there are no new certificates ( https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=deatheaterband.com#ct-logs ):

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
Sectigo RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA 2019-04-16 2019-07-16 deatheaterband.com, www.deatheaterband.com
2 entries
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-02-22 2019-05-23 deatheaterband.com, www.deatheaterband.com
2 entries
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-02-22 2019-05-23 www.deatheaterband.com
1 entries

Only two older.

So this

must be the failed validation limit:

There is a Failed Validation limit of 5 failures per account, per hostname, per hour.

Looks like you are doing something wrong.

Perhaps share a screenshot how you create the validation file.

I wonder if sslforfree creates a new Let’s Encrypt account for every certificate request? Right now it seems not to be working for me either. That is likely to be a bug with the sslforfree site.

Hi
I have the same problem on sslfofree.
Unable to renew existing and unable to create new.
I wrote a letter to them. Waiting now…

Hi @Radius17

please read

and the two other topics.

It's a problem of Sslforfree, not of Letsencrypt.

Select your own client.

Hi @Radius17, @schoen, and @JuergenAuer,

We just switched off the RemoveWFE2AccountID functionality in production and are seeing issuance from sslforfree working as intended once again. Please also see the following topic ACME v2 - Scheduled removal of ID from account objects

3 Likes

Thanks, it works now.
And another questions appeared:
Is it a trouble on sslforfree ?
Its code does not support such behaviour of production ( ACME v2 - Scheduled removal of ID from account objects) ?

@Radius17 Yes that’s correct. Please see the following thread for more information. SSL For Free hitting rate limits

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.