Error: 403 while renew cert (AWS EC2 NGINX Bitnami server)

By advertise are you meaning to have an IPv6 record?

1 Like

Yes, exactly; advertised via DNS.

[&2* readers: Get involved; Be heard. It starts with: if you read something you like, then like it :heart:]

2 Likes

Well... As I said about the mess the last guy made... After your help noticing the IPv6 problem, I had to look at the documentation and logs the guy left behind and luckily I've found the tutorial he used to install it the very first time.

That's the one:

I got the cert renewed just following the link above and after removing some wrong entries published on the DNS. This method uses a TXT entry on the DNS to authenticate, but as expected it uses a different hash every time it renews the cert so it create the issue that I'd need to renew manually every 90 days due to the auth-method.

Any suggestions on how can I make this method automatic without messing even more with this installation as it seems that it's the only working method for this machine right now? I doesn't have IPv6 enabled at all and it seems the IPv6 references on the DNS where put there by the registrar (f* CrazyDomains) when they migrate from the old one. Thank you again, guys!

2 Likes

Renewals via HTTP are much easier to manage than via DNS; since DNS requires integrated provider, and ACME client, support.

So, can we make HTTP renewals happen?
Does lightsail have a document root folder?

This looks promising:

[&2* readers: Get involved; Be heard. It starts with: if you read something you like, then like it :heart:]

1 Like

You usually don't need to use DNS (TXT record) authentication unless you're creating a wildcard (*.) certificate. You should be able to use the following link to do what you need. Using any other method will likely waste your time and cause you additional headaches.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.