Error 400 xampp windows

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: www.rstdrasmirsalatiga

I ran this command: wacs.exe ```
--host --webroot --test

It produced this output:[www.rstdrasmirsalatiga.com] Authorization result: invalid
 [www.rstdrasmirsalatiga.com] {
  "type": "urn:ietf:params:acme:error:dns",
  "detail": "DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for www.rstdrasmirsalatiga.com - check that a DNS record exists for this domain; DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up AAAA for www.rstdrasmirsalatiga.com - check that a DNS record exists for this domain",
  "status": 400

My web server is (include version): XAMPP Version 5.6.40, Apache 2.4.38

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No, using explore

The version of my client is (e.g. output of `certbot --version` or `certbot-auto --version` if you're using Certbot): win-acme.v2.1.21.1218.x64.pluggable

Need help, I already try any tutorial "let's encrypt xampp windows 10" on google, but always got error 400.

this my http.vhost.conf
<VirtualHost *:80>
	DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs/rst.drasmirsalatiga.com"
	Alias /.well-known "C:/xampp/htdocs/rst.drasmirsalatiga.com/.well-known"
		ServerName www.rstdrasmirsalatiga.com
		ServerAlias http://www.rstdrasmirsalatiga.com
	<Directory "C:/xampp/htdocs/rst.drasmirsalatiga.com">
			Options -Indexes
			Options FollowSymLinks
			AllowOverride All
	</Directory>
	ErrorLog "C:/xampp/htdocs/rst.drasmirsalatiga.com/log/error.log"
</VirtualHost>

Thanks for all attention

That domain does not exist, not even the apex domain:

No match for "RSTDRASMIRSALATIGA.COM".
>>> Last update of whois database: 2022-02-18T08:05:02Z <<<

You need a publicly available domain name to get a publicly trusted certificate. Or did you perhaps make a typo?

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Did you mean, I need to check the on the htdocs folder?

That rstdrasmirsalatiga.com already or not?

1 Like

No, I meant your domain isn't registered at all: people can still register it. You need to register a domain name before it can be used on the internet.

See for example: https://whois.domaintools.com/rstdrasmirsalatiga.com

I can go to that site now and buy your domain. Or on any other domain registar site. (The above site domaintools.com is just a random example, I do not advice nor endorse that site what so ever.)

You can't just make up a domain name and try to use it on the world wide web without actually registering it.

4 Likes

Thank you, so I need buy that domain for my xampp for globally SSL, right?

1 Like

Yes, for a globally and publicly trusted certificate such as from Let's Encrypt, your domain name also needs to be globally and publicly available.

Only non-trusted "private" certificate authorities (you could make your own) can issue certificates for random domain names.

3 Likes

Thank you so much @Osiris for your fast response.
I'll try buy that domain and try again the proses using let's encrypt.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.