ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR too many certificates for a domain

My domain is: acola.me
HI everyone, my friend and I are working on a project on netlify.com, they provide and manage ssl certificates from let’s encrypt automatically that means that whenever you create a project they will attach a certificate for you in a matter of minutes. Mistakenly, we have deleted and recreated the same project and reused the Same domain over 5 times and when we try to access www.acola.me from whichever browser we are getting this ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR error, we are suspecting it is maybe due to the fact that way too many different certificates have been issued to the domain and so we were wondering if there is any way you guys could delete all of them for us if so I’d be much appreciated as we cannot fix this issue and we’ve pretty much tried everything at this point. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi @Acolame

please read the basics:

1 Like

Thanks for your response, I checked and there are only 2 certificates issued so that shouldn’t be a problem. Now I have no idea what the issue may be any ideas?

Now checked your domain. There is no problem visible - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=acola.me

Grade A.

You have created two certificates:

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-01-11 2020-04-10 *.acola.me, acola.me - 2 entries duplicate nr. 2
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-01-08 2020-04-07 *.acola.me, acola.me - 2 entries duplicate nr. 1

And you use the older:

CN=*.acola.me
expires in 87 days	*.acola.me, acola.me - 2 entries

That's a correct wildcard certificate with the main domain. So both connections (www and non-www) are secure.

So there is no

error visible. And there is no mixed Content, Chrome has created a screenshot without any error.

PS: Perhaps only an old cache. Or share a screenshot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.