Encountered exception during recovery: certbot.errors.PluginError: Received response from ser: REFUSED Received response from server: REFUSED

thank you in advance
My domain is:
example.com
I ran this command:
certbot certonly --force-renew --dns-rfc2136 --dns-rfc2136-credentials /etc/named/letsencrypt_keys/certbot.ini -d example.com -d "*.example.com"

It produced this output:
Encountered exception during recovery: certbot.errors.PluginError: Received response from ser: REFUSED Received response from server: REFUSED
My web server is (include version):
apache 2
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Centos
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
yes
I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
i use SSH but can use webmin
The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 2.1.0

you will need to show the dns server side log (where your rfc2136 config pointed to) for why it refused certbots request

5 Likes

thank you but the domain renewed somehow but still gives an error
when i try with or without DNS

1 Like

not much to talk about as this log is just DNS provider refused your update request. need log from other side or maybe more log (if server tell certbot why it refused) to debug

5 Likes

Please don't use this option unless you're absolutely certain you know what it does. In this case it doesn't look like it's used properly. It won't magically make an error which needs fixing go away. So please remove it.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.