Does Let's Encrypts auto-renewal need DCOM support enabled on Windows Servers?

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): Windows Server 2012r2

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Windows Server 2012r2

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Plesk Onyx

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

Plesk is warning that Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2, Server 2012, Server 2012R2 and Server 2016 are vulnerable to Juicy Potato exploit.

Does Let’s Encrypts auto renewal need to have DCOM support enabled on the Windows Server or does this still function ok without DCOM support enabled on the Windows Server?

Hi @Chough

please start with some basics.

There is no general "Let’s Encrypts auto renewal". You have to use a client, that client may require something.

So check the documentation of your client to find an answer.

Thank you, this case it is the Plesk software managing the certificate renewal, Plesk itself is also advising to disable the DCOM support on the Windows Server, I’ll check with the next renewal if it still renewing ok.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.