DNSLookupFailed FATAL

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

www.littlepickle.org.uk

I ran this command:

I tried to install the automated SSL certificates via Flywheel Dashboard, and it failed

It produced this output:

Information provided by Flywheel support

DNSLookupFailed FATAL A fatal issue occurred during the DNS lookup process for www.littlepickle.org.uk/CAA. DNS response for www.littlepickle.org.uk/CAA did not have an acceptable response code: SERVFAIL DNSLookupFailed FATAL A fatal issue occurred during the DNS lookup process for www.littlepickle.org.uk/AAAA. DNS response for www.littlepickle.org.uk/AAAA did not have an acceptable response code: SERVFAIL

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

Flywheel

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Your DNS records are not valid:

$ dig +noall +answer @ns.123-reg.co.uk www.littlepickle.org.uk a
www.littlepickle.org.uk. 14400  IN      A       151.101.2.159
littlepickle.org.uk.    14400   IN      A       151.101.2.159
www.littlepickle.org.uk. 14400  IN      CNAME   littlepickle.org.uk.
www.littlepickle.org.uk. 14400  IN      CNAME   www.littlepickle.org.uk.
  1. You cannot mix A and CNAME records for the same domain
  2. You cannot have multiple CNAME records for the same domain
7 Likes

Besides what @_az already said (which you should see as leading reply between these two replies):

That's a nice loop you've got there :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thanks for the info!! Flywheel are normally pretty good at identifying errors at DNS level... We didn't set this one up so explains!!:sweat_smile::sweat_smile: Thanks again, much appreciated!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.