DNS problem with creating a certificate

My domain is: fagi.servertri.work

I ran this command: certbot certonly -d fagi.servertri.work

It produced this output:
Requesting a certificate for fagi.servertri.work

Certbot failed to authenticate some domains (authenticator: standalone). The Certificate Authority reported these proble ms:
Domain: fagi.servertri.work
Type: dns
Detail: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for fagi.servertri.work - check that a DNS record exists for this domain; DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up AAAA for fagi.servertri.work - check that a DNS record exists for this domain

Hint: The Certificate Authority failed to download the challenge files from the temporary standalone webserver started by Certbot on port 80. Ensure that the listed domains point to this machine and that it can accept inbound connections from the internet.

My web server is (include version): I don't know, but I'm trying to put a panel in Oracle Cloud for minecraft

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 22.04 i think...

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Oracle Cloud

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): MobaXterm

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 1.21.0

Did you make a typo? Because the domain servertri.work doesn't seem to be registered at all.

4 Likes

can you help me? i dont know how to do anything at this

You need to have an actual domain name before you can get a certificate for it.

3 Likes

Seems like a DNS issue.

https://letsdebug.net/

1 Like

can be in cloudflare?

i just found what i did i think... i put the wrong link, the actual link is servertri.work in DNS, I'm going to try to do again

No. That domain name does not belong to anyone. It is currently available for purchase.
You don't have to buy it from GoDaddy but it's search tool shows it is still available:

Once you have an HTTP site working you can try to get a certificate. You have more work to do to set that up.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.