DNS failures (SERVFAIL, timeout) for domains using Network Solutions/Web.com/worldnic.com nameservers

We’ve just confirmed that we are no longer rate limited reaching Web.com’s nameservers. Thanks to them, and many thanks to all of you, for working to resolve this. Please do let us know if you’re still seeing problems.

16 Likes

I spoke too soon, I think were good. Thank you very much!

3 Likes

Thank you! This has helped clear most of our queue of pending renewals!

5 Likes

Sorry for the delayed response @knas
I didn’t have any update on the issue, but as I see from the comments the issue must have been resolved. We will also try ourselves again.

FYI, in case you continue to face any problem and you need a history to refer to, the Network Solutions ticker number I opened is: 19868185

I also wanted to update that I heard back on my Network Solutions ticket. According to support “Our team has whitelisted Let’s Encrypt IPs that were experiencing query rate limiting”.

So far, I have not seen any more failures.

2 Likes

If that’s the case, this might happen again next time Let’s Encrypt adds new IPs. :grimacing:

2 Likes

We now have a line of communication with them, and hopefully can avoid future problems.

3 Likes

Is anyone else starting to see this again?

Yep, the issue popped up again. I just performed a renewal, and it shows the same domain names with issues as before.

Domain: 2020.ecoop.org
Type: dns
Detail: During secondary validation: DNS problem: SERVFAIL looking
up A for 2020.ecoop.org - the domain’s nameservers may be
malfunctioning

1 Like

How many attempts have you made for which domains and over what duration (how many hours or days)?

My system issues a lot of certs frequently for a lot of domains and we’re not seeing this issue.

1 Like

I think I tried like 5-6 times spread over 6 hours where each attempt failed with the same errors as before.
But I did another attempt after you replied, and that one did succeed.
I’ll report back when I begin to see the issue again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.