cURL fail on letsencrypt certs

You can't stay connected to the internet and not update software, the two things are mutually exclusive.

5 Likes

Right, but updating software is what I do regularly - BTW MAMP is updated, I just checked.
And I never had to update certificate (or similar) things.

One would think these things work on their own, as I cannot expect people using a program (which uses my cURL) to update their bundles.
That would have to be part of the server tasks, which (using MAMP) I would assume is done behind the scenes (?)

Then I would report it to them.

3 Likes

You don't need to. On most platforms and environments, the PHP/curl program you posted will "just work".

The situation you are encountering is an unusual one. I'm not totally convinced that a fresh MAMP installation would have the same issue.

4 Likes

This file is being used; but lacks the LE X1 root cert:

This file contains it:

Why not just use that file instead?

4 Likes

OK so, deleted MAMP, re-pulled it from the official website, and sure enough, 2 things:

• MAMP was outdated (but their "check for updates" thing is obviously broken)
  • cURL does not throw error no more.
  • Addon: not only was MAMP outdated, their PHP offered also was outdated, and also here, no updates were pushed.

All in all, user - or lets say "app" - fault.

Sorry to bother, it certainly adds to my "I've seen that, lets try a simple solution" stack of cards up the sleeve

Thanks all!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.