Could not chose appropriate plugin

Hi Folks;

I setup Let's Encrypt over a year ago on an older Mac laptop, and since then got a new one. I've updated homebrew and I get this error when trying to renew all: (One domain listed as a sample)

My domain is: vanessaposter.com

I ran this command:
sudo certbot renew

It produced this output:
Cert is due for renewal, auto-renewing...

Could not choose appropriate plugin: The manual plugin is not working; there may be problems with your existing configuration.

The error was: PluginError('An authentication script must be provided with --manual-auth-hook when using the manual plugin non-interactively.')

My web server is (include version): Not sure, sites hosted with Liquid Web, so I'm sure the latest.

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Some variety of Linux

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Liquid Web

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 1.11.0

Hi @vicorly

your error message says, you have used --manual to create the certificate.

So without a hook script that updates something you can't use that command (only with renew).

Use a complete command with --cert-name.

See

certbot certificates

to find the existing certificates you want to renew.

PS:

There is a Sectigo certificate, not a Letsencrypt certificate.

So this is the wrong forum to ask.

Ask Sectigo.

She might have moved the site.... use this one instead:

letstalkwithlorre.com

As I suspected, you have an Apache server [much can "go wrong" over time with Apache].

Let's start reviewing your Apache config with:
apachectl -S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.