Certs for 'www'?

I fixed the nginx error and now the nginx test passes.

I ran:

certbot -d beehaw.org -d www.beehaw.org

and it worked! Thanks!

2 Likes

I can see both beehaw.org as wel as www.beehaw.org are using the single cert with both hostnames in it indeed!

You probably have one of your single-hostname certificate still laying around in Certbot. And the other single-hostname cert is probably expanded into the double-hostname cert currently in use. You can check which certificates are active within Certbot with:

certbot certificates

You should be able to identify the certificate or certificates with just the single hostname fairly easily. Your site now uses the double-hostname-certificate, so you should be able to remove the certificate or certificates with just the single hostname.

5 Likes

Thank you again! I'll be working on that shortly.

2 Likes

I ran:

certbot certificates

And got this:

Renewal configuration file /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/beehaw.org.conf produced an unexpected error: expected /etc/letsencrypt/live/beehaw.org/cert.pem to be a symlink. Skipping.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Found the following certs:
  Certificate Name: www.beehaw.org
    Serial Number: 3473f076c39ab3189b3affb9068462a7263
    Key Type: RSA
    Domains: beehaw.org www.beehaw.org
    Expiry Date: 2022-04-29 21:51:47+00:00 (VALID: 89 days)
    Certificate Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/www.beehaw.org/fullchain.pem
    Private Key Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/www.beehaw.org/privkey.pem
The following renewal configurations were invalid:
  /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/beehaw.org.conf
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That's interesting.. Why would that configuration file suddenly be invalid..

Well, at least it won't be renewing any unnecessary certificate :stuck_out_tongue: It's not pretty, but you could just leave it this way..

4 Likes

I'll come back to all this at a later time. However, I appreciate your help. So, thank you.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.