Certificate Signed but still not secure

@JuergenAuer

I noticed that we were both completely unaware of some of the limitations of certbot with Windows-Apache, so I thought it a good idea to share my findings with you. I am very surprised at these current limitations:

• Only standalone, manual, and webroot authentication plugins are supported. DNS authentication plugins will be available soon.
  • No installation plugins are supported. Apache and Nginx installation plugins will be available soon and an IIS installation plugin is under development.

2 Likes

Hi Again,
after looking into these articles the one you recomended i go from step 4 is too outdated from what it seems, as i followed the instructions there and thus nothing has changed?

2 Likes

Nevermind, managed to work it out!
thank you for all your submissions!

3 Likes

:partying_face:

I'm seeing good things!

1 Like

Right so in Future reference for everyone who may have the same issue.
You have to configure httpd-ssl.conf to all the directories to your certificate, no virtual host editing was needed in my case.
This is for Xampp 3.2.4 running on Apache :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Your certificate is for finrhodweb.com
Your domain is www.finrhodweb.com
You have to add www. as sub-domain to your certificate

3 Likes

I agree completely, Smokyr.

2 Likes

Ah my apologies, the domain is actually finrhodweb.com, will edit!

3 Likes

You want to have both www and non-www on your certificate.

2 Likes

How do you go about doing this?

1 Like

I have www set as an A record in my DNS, is this any different?

2 Likes

Your DNS looks good. If you're using certbot, just create a certificate like you usually would, but use --cert-name finrhodweb.com -d "finrhodweb.com,www.finrhodweb.com" (with the quotes).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.