Certificate is up to date but browser shows it's invalid (expired)

Hello Dears.

I have such case:
several days ago I renewed an expired certificate. normal command (certbot renew) was giving an error failing fullchain.pem update, so I found a solution here to update it with webroot. I got a success msg. Checking in https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=perfectfoodblog.com and everthing seems OK. But still browser says that my certificate is invalid and shows the date of expire (the date my old certificate had expired).

Any help will be very much appreaciated.
__

My domain is: perfectfoodblog.com

I ran this command: n/a

It produced this output: n/a

My web server is (include version): OpenLiteSpeed 1.4.49

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 18.04

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: DigitalOcean

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): yes

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): certbot 0.31.0

1 Like

Can you close the browser tab, open a new one, and check again?

Chrome (maybe others) has a problem where it doesn’t bother updating the interface after the first load.

Your certificate does look fine, expiring Jan 2020.

2 Likes

I closed the browser and reopend it many times. but still chrome won’t see new certs. :confused: checked with IE and it shows new certs though. :open_mouth:

Maybe the Chrome needs… some polishing?
Uninstall & reinstall.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.