Certificate is showing valid but brower shows it as expired

My domain is: chicago.strangled.net. I’m running the certificate renewal on my Synology NAS. You can see from the attached screenshot that it shows that it’s authorized through 08/07/2020 and is current, but when I go to my browser, it shows certificate is expired all the way back on 07/22/2017. I can’t understand why this is showing expired when it’s up-to-date. Can someone help me understand why this is happening. I combined three pictures into one because it would only allow one attachment. You can see Let’s encrypt date is showing green from my server but the cert is showing a different expiration date.

1 Like

Are those two pics to the same device on same port?
Perhaps one is one a different port than the other.

1 Like

No, the blue background is from the synology server that runs the lets encrypt client and it shows that it’s current.

The middle and bottom picture are from a laptop browser accessing the server and it shows the expiration date is 2017.

1 Like

You may be onto something. I thought the certificate is tied to the server. On the synology server it’s using port 443. For the client that I was accessing it was on the same server that resolves to the same public IP address but a different TCP port number. Is the cert from let’s encrypt tied to a specific port? I didn’t think I needed a specific certificate for different ports that are listening if they are on the same server

1 Like

The cert itself doesn’t limit where/how it can be used.
The service using it puts it where it wants it to be used.
It seems one service is using one cert (and is being updated correctly).
While another service is using an outdated cert (and not being updated).

1 Like

Yes, that was the problem. I finally tracked it down. There was a configuration for the specific server and it was pointing to an outdated certificate. It threw me for a loop. Thanks for the fast reply. All good now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.