Certificate installs but gives error, and doesnt renew automatically

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: sanctumsystem.com

I ran this command: Install Letsencrypt via Plesk
The certificate installs with an error message. Works fine. But auto renew fails.
Manual renewal/install works but again it gives an error.

It produced this output:
Error: Could not issue a Let’s Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate for sanctumsystem.com .
Details

Set domain certificate failure: Unable to update hosting preferences. ProtDirUser_IIS::update() failed: Update Protected Directory #68 user failed: URL ‘/plesk-stat’ is not protected
In IIS7NativeProvider module
Exception type: System.Exception
at ProtectedUrls.get(ProtectedUrls* , unique_ptr<IProtectedUrl,std::default_delete<IProtectedUrl> >* , basic_string<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>,std::allocator<wchar_t> >* path)

at updateProtectedUrlUser(sanctumsystem.com, /plesk-stat, sanctumsystem, )(WebServerManager::updateProtectedUrlUser line 792)
at execute console command --update-protected-url-user(vconsoleapp::start line 122)
at execute D:\Plesk\admin\bin64\websrvmng --update-protected-url-user “–vhost-name=sanctumsystem.com” “–path=/plesk-stat” “–login=sanctumsystem” “–new-password=*”(vconsoleapp::run line 139)
(Error code 1)

My web server is (include version): Windows 2012

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

Hi @nlightened

Plesk is a closed world. That

looks that your installation isn’t ok. But then your hosting provider must fix that.

PS: Searching

“–update-protected-url-user”

there are some plesk informations:

Resolution

Remove the protection of the directory and add it again in Plesk > Subscriptions > example.com > Password-protected directories

Looks like you can repair that.

PPS: Checked your domain with my tool - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=sanctumsystem.com - there is already a new Letsencrypt certificate.

CN=sanctumsystem.com
expires in 90 days	sanctumsystem.com, 
www.sanctumsystem.com - 2 entries

That looks good.

1 Like
closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.