Certificate for survey.acso.org.au is due for renewal. Need to find out login details to renew certificate

Domain is: survey.acso.org.au

Need to find out login details to login and renew certificate. Can you please let us know who is listed as a contact for Australian Community Support Organisation Ltd. I can check with them and get the login details.

1 Like

The account credentials are a cryptographic key on the machine that obtained the certificate.

You can register a new account and issue a new certificate without any problem. Follow the instructions for a first install.

What software are you running on your webserver? CMS, webserver, acme client?

3 Likes

Hi @acsoict and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

login ?
To where exactly?

3 Likes

I need to check the settings on the certificate. As per information i have it sets to Auto Renew every 3 months. I want to login into the console to check when the certificate expires and whether it will auto renew.

1 Like

This is a web server i believe.

Hi,

This system is either a webserver your organisation set up or it's something that was setup for you. If you do not know who set it up, that's your first problem. Once you know who is in charge of this server you can then get the login details etc from them
(if you are entitled to them).

This has nothing to do with Let's Encrypt at all

The IP address for this sever appears to be hosted by Microsoft, so I'm guessing your organisation uses Azure. You should contact whoever on your your team administers Azure and find out which server is using 52.147.3.129 then find out who created it.

4 Likes

Hi, I have access to the web server and can see the certificate installed. However what am not clear about is where to renew the SSL certificate or renew the certificate. The person who created this has left the company and he said that the certificate is set to auto renew every 3 months. I checked the issuer for the certificate is Let's encrypt. I need to know which portal i can login to check the certificate details and manage / renew the certificate if needed.

Go daddy has a portal where you can login and manage SSLs, so likewise does Let's encrypt have a similar portal?

Not at all.
Everything is (almost always) done by a locally installed ACME client.
What operating system is that server running (and version)?

8 Likes

To reiterate, there's a program (probably) running on your web server, which uses the ACME protocol to request certificates from Let's Encrypt. Everything's automated on the Let's Encrypt side, and the only interface it supplies is this automated ACME endpoint for issuing certificates. There's nothing more to it than that.

So, in order to check on your server, you need to know what ACME client program is being run on the server to handle the requests and installation of certificates.

A popular one is certbot, so for instance running sudo certbot certificates would show you information on your certificate status if that's the client being used and your server is running something Linux-ish. But there are about a bazillion possible clients out there, so it's hard for anyone here to help you without knowing more about what was installed and how.

6 Likes

Maybe there is a clue to be found in the crontab list...

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Ill give these a go and update if i have any further questions.

2 Likes

I may be missing something here, but, from what I see the certificate just renewed on Feb 12, so it appears to be renewing for you. I'd still encourage you to get as much information about the system as you can (assuming you are taking over maintenance), but you now have until (at least) May 13/22

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.