Certificate Details as readable format

Hello everyone,

I have a dashboard page in my application. I would want to show the details of certificate generated, the valid to date and the domain details.

I have tried to get the details from crt.sh but it returns a webpage.

Is there any chances to get the generated certificates details to show as the above format.

Thanks in advance.

This is quite unrelated to Lets Encrypt.
Use the openssl (x509) tools or any API that fits your needs and programming language.

Example:

$ openssl x509 -dates -subject -noout < crt.pem
notBefore=Mar 12 11:48:27 2018 GMT
notAfter=Jun 10 11:48:27 2018 GMT
subject= /CN=example.com

Thank you @bytecamp .

Do you have any suggestion on API? Currently, I am working with Perl Programming Language,

Thanks

Hi,

You can also use curl to gather Certificate info.

curl --insecure -v https://www.google.com 2>&1 | awk 'BEGIN { cert=0 } /^\* SSL connection/ { cert=1 } /^\*/ { if (cert) print }'

echo | openssl s_client -showcerts -servername google.com -connect google.co.uk:443 | openssl x509 -inform pem -noout -text

You can also grep the certificate expire date from crt.sh

I don’t really know what API is necessary since your local program can always help you with this issue.

Thank you

Hi @srajkumar1986,

For a Perl application, you might want to look at

This should be able to parse a PEM-format certificate and give you access to these details about the certificate contents from inside of Perl.

Have a look at Net::SSLeay.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.