Certificate create issue python timeout error

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: dtvapi2.xyz

I ran this command: ./certbot-auto certonly -a standalone -d dtvapi2.xyz

It produced this output: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/bin/letsencrypt”, line 11, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/main.py”, line 15, in main
return internal_main.main(cli_args)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/_internal/main.py”, line 1357, in main
return config.func(config, plugins)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/_internal/main.py”, line 1220, in certonly
le_client = _init_le_client(config, auth, installer)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/_internal/main.py”, line 603, in _init_le_client
acc, acme = _determine_account(config)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/_internal/main.py”, line 516, in _determine_account
config.email = display_ops.get_email()
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/display/ops.py”, line 52, in get_email
force_interactive=True)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/display/util.py”, line 178, in input
ans = input_with_timeout(message)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/display/util.py”, line 82, in input_with_timeout
line = misc.readline_with_timeout(timeout, prompt)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/compat/misc.py”, line 58, in readline_with_timeout
rlist, _, _ = select.select([sys.stdin], , , timeout)
KeyboardInterrupt
Please see the logfiles in /var/log/letsencrypt for more details.

My web server is (include version): java spring boot

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 18.04

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): certbot-auto – version is 1.7.0

1 Like

Hi @shailendra

Certbot waits that you add additional informations.

That times out. Read the Certbot output, there is a question you didn't shared.

2 Likes

Hello @JuergenAuer
thanks for the reply
when i ran the command the actual error log is

To learn how to fix them, visit Certbot-auto deployment best practices
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Plugins selected: Authenticator standalone, Installer None
Enter email address (used for urgent renewal and security notices)
(Enter ‘c’ to cancel): ^CExiting abnormally:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/bin/letsencrypt”, line 11, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/main.py”, line 15, in main
return internal_main.main(cli_args)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/_internal/main.py”, line 1357, in main
return config.func(config, plugins)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/_internal/main.py”, line 1220, in certonly
le_client = _init_le_client(config, auth, installer)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/_internal/main.py”, line 603, in _init_le_client
acc, acme = _determine_account(config)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/_internal/main.py”, line 516, in _determine_account
config.email = display_ops.get_email()
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/display/ops.py”, line 52, in get_email
force_interactive=True)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/display/util.py”, line 178, in input
ans = input_with_timeout(message)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/display/util.py”, line 82, in input_with_timeout
line = misc.readline_with_timeout(timeout, prompt)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/compat/misc.py”, line 58, in readline_with_timeout
rlist, _, _ = select.select([sys.stdin], , , timeout)
KeyboardInterrupt

1 Like

What kind of SSH client are you using?

There have been some reports that some clients do not play well with Certbot's interactive mode.

Here, Certbot was waiting for you to enter your email address.

You need to type it in and press Return, or else run Certbot with the --register-unsafely-without-email flag.

(Assuming your SSH client is functioning correctly).

2 Likes

hello @_az
thanks for reply

I am using OpenSsh client .

can you please let me know what will be the final command with --register-unsafely-without-email option

1 Like

It’s probably better to provide your email, actually. Not sure why I suggested that other option. You could try:

./certbot-auto certonly -a standalone -d dtvapi2.xyz -m your@email.com --agree-tos
2 Likes

@_az
Thanks it’s working with command you provide

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.