Certificate Challenge Failed, Connection Refused behind NGINX

Oh sweet, so the proper command will be sudo certbot --webroot -w /var/www/html -d danielr.xyz -d www.danielr.xyz --nginx ?

You don’t need --webroot or -w either, if using --nginx.

Otherwise, looks good.

It says that the nginx plugin is installed, I tried to add the ppa and install it and the ppa has no release file, what’s the way to add that plugin?

Oh yeah, focal has no Certbot PPA (official instructions here: https://certbot.eff.org/lets-encrypt/ubuntufocal-nginx). Get rid of it.

Then install the nginx plugin with:

apt install python3-certbot-nginx

Already got rid of it, running that command.

Got this error:

Here is my config for 4t:

Did you configure nginx with the certificate before you created the certificate? I’m a bit puzzled how you got to this state.

Looking at the tutorial you were following, I suggest changing your nginx config back to use the snakeoil cert, and then run Certbot. This bit:

ssl_certificate /etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem;
ssl_certificate_key /etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key;
# ssl_certificate /etc/letsencrypt/live/4t.mydomain.com/fullchain.pem;
# ssl_certificate_key /etc/letsencrypt/live/4t.mydomain.com/privkey.pem;

Yeah, I forgot to generate the cert for 4t, it seems to be working now, testing now.

I can’t seem to connect to 4t, even though it is on. It works when I switch back to the LAN setup.

Never mind, I figured it out on my own! Thank you so much for your help, this was enough for me to understand the rest! You can now visit 4t.danielr.xyz to see a simple demo.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.