Certificate auto renew contabo

Hello,

I'm developing a website and it is hosted in contabo, i search for a method to autorenew my let's encrypt certificate to my domain and all my subdomains without do it manually every 90 days.

Thank you,

1 Like

Hi @hellothere1 and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

It depends on the hosting package you purchased.
If you have full root access, then you can install your own ACME client and it can auto-renew the certs.
If you only have cPanel (type) access, then you are limited to whatever options are provided within that menu system.
You should review your hosting plan and/or review their options [or speak with them directly about it].

2 Likes

thank you for your response, yes i have a full access.

Correct me if i'm wrong but contabo don't have an API that i can use it to change records in the dns and with the autorenew script there is a step to add some code in the dns records in the server to check if it is yours or not.

Thank you,

1 Like

There are two ways of authenticating certificate requests:

• HTTP-01 authentication
  • DNS-01 authentication

I was speaking on the HTTP authentication method; As Contabo was presumed to be only your Hosting Service Provider (HSP) and not (also) your DNS Service Provider (DSP) and HTTP authentication is more common and easier to do.

With either method, the difficult part is automating the certificate installation.
With DNS authentication, there is the added difficulty of using a DSP that supports DNS updates via API and having an ACME client with a DNS plugin that supports that DSP.
[DNS auth is generally used when requesting a wildcard certificate]

In any case, you should speak with your HSP, and DSP, about how you can obtain, and install, SSL certificates and also being able to automate that process(es).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.