CertBot snap install fails "cannot mount squashfs" on AlmaLinux 8

My domain is: domesne.com

I ran this command: sudo snap install core

It produced this output:
error: system does not fully support snapd: cannot mount squashfs image using "squashfs": mount:
/tmp/syscheck-mountpoint-3186377216: mount failed: Operation not permitted.

My web server is (include version): Apache/2.4.54 (cPanel) OpenSSL/1.1.1k mod_bwlimited/1.4

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): AlmaLinux 8

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: a2hosting.com

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): cPanel 106.0.4

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): -bash: certbot: command not found

1 Like

Hi @JustJamie, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

Doesn't cPanel have a plugin for LetsEncrypt?

If not [which it does and that's what you should be using], here is a guide I found online that shows how to install certbot on AlmaLinux:

Again (in case you missed it the first time): If you are using cPanel, you probably should NOT be using certbot directly.

5 Likes

OMG!!! THANK YOU!

You don't know what you don't know until someone tells you that you don't know!

I followed the instructions at this link to install the cPanel plugin:

This took only a couple of minutes including the WHM changes. The one step this instruction link is missing is the last one. After making the WHM changes, I had to log in to cPanel and click the "Run Auto SSL" button in the SSL section. (I am including this information for other newbies (like me) that may find this thread!)

Viola! Page works!

I spent DAYS trying to figure this out and the correct solution took minutes!! Thank you again!!!! I had no idea there was a cPanel plugin!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.