Certbot expired, so deleted it & reinstalled a new one. But no SSL over 72 hours

After my certbot was expired, I decided to delete the installed one, and reinstall a new one. I believe it went well, because I saw “Congratulation!” message from my Shell. But, although about 72 hours passed after its reinstallation, my site does not have any SSL yet.

I really appreciate if you can help me what I did wrong and how to fix them.

My domain is: atasfoundation.org

I ran these these two commands:

To delete to delete the existing but expired certbot
$ sudo certbot delete --cert-name atasfoundation.org

To install a new certbot,
sudo apt-get install certbot -y DOMAIN=atasfoundation.org
$ WILDCARD=*.DOMAIN echo $DOMAIN && echo WILDCARD sudo certbot -d $DOMAIN -d $WILDCARD --manual --preferred-challenges dns certonly

It produced this output:
"Congratulation, your certification and chain have been saved at… "

My web server is (include version): Apache/2.4.33 (Unix)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-1079-aws x86_64) provided by Bitnami

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Amazon Lightsail Wordpress Instance

I can login to a root shell on my machine: yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site: no

The version of my client: certbot 0.31.0

Hi @wondertree

you have created a new certificate ( https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=atasfoundation.org ):

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-07-07 2019-10-05 *.atasfoundation.org, atasfoundation.org
2 entries duplicate nr. 1
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-04-07 2019-07-06 *.atasfoundation.org, atasfoundation.org
2 entries
Amazon 2019-04-06 2020-05-07 atasfoundation.org
1 entries

But your command uses certonly, so the certificate isn't installed.

So additional steps are required to install the certificate, so your Bitname can use it.

How did you install the last certificate? Do that again.

PS: It's always a bad idea to delete certificates you use.

Your webserver is running. But if you delete the certificate and if there is a restart required (or there is a bug and your system restarts), the restart will fail.

Never delete certificates which are used.

Hi JuergenAuer.

I really appreciate your help. I found something I missed at https://lightsail.aws.amazon.com/ls/docs/en_us/articles/amazon-lightsail-using-lets-encrypt-certificates-with-wordpress#integrate-certificates-with-wordpress-using-really-simple-ssl-plugin

Now my site has SSL. Thank you again!

Never delete certificates which are used.

Sorry for my ignorance. I won't delete it again, in spite of its expiration.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.