Certbot and Postgres on macOS Server

I’ve created 2 servers running macOS Server 10.12 with multiple services running. They’ve both been up for years and rock solid.
After I started using certbot they both started having strange issues. I didn’t even make the connection until after a lot of googling I came across someone with a similar issue who said that removing certbot fixed their issues.
macOS Server uses a proxy to forward service requests internally, and right now I’m getting proxy errors when trying to navigate to either the wiki or the Profile Manager.
I reset the backend processes for Profile manager and reconfigured it but am still not able to connect to it through the web interface. It still times out with a bad gateway error.

Any and all ideas welcome.

hi @tknospdr

Highly unlikely you will get any useful output from what you have described.

It’s far too high level and not enough information that people can chip in

A) What services are you running
B) Link to the article you mentioned?
C) What testing have you done (for example have you tried self signed or a certificate from another provider)
D) What are the proxy errors - there is no such thing a generic proxy error

Jumping straight to it’s something to do with Let’s Encrypt is fine but I don’t think is useful. It could be a general use of secure vs non secure protocols.

I reset the backend processes for Profile manager and reconfigured it but am still not able to connect to it through the web interface. It still times out with a bad gateway error

Is this a web app?

Overall I would go back to the drawing board

A) What are you hoping to get from your post (articulate it. Do you want approaches for testing. Valdiation of your concolusions or input how to solve the problems
B) Define specifically what the problem is. Use big words such as I have web server x with application y. I have previously done this. I have made differences in line with this documentation/recommendation.
C) Provide relevant links so people can review conclusions others have reached
D) Provide testing data or a link so people can do their own testing

Andrei

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.