Cert error: common name invalid

I just went to the effort to look up your cert on https://crt.sh/?id=74236461 to notice that it’s not issued for bpdylan89.dnss.net but bpdylan89.ddns.net (currently 24.62.152.70). So much for that.

Connecting to https://bpdylan89.ddns.net/ presents a self-signed certificate. So whatever you’re doing, the LE cert is not installed correctly.

That's probably because he switched it back again :smile:

So in the end all that effort was for nothing because @bpdylan put down the wrong hostname? :confused:

I uninstalled lestsencrypt and deleted the certificates… thats why a self signed certificate is in place. I would have to pay my DDNS service to verify a trusted CA authority.

no … is the ip assigned by NO-IP DDNS

This makes no sense. Your DDNS service has nothing to do with certs.

Also, 199.59.242.150 is the address for bpdylan89.dnss.net, which is not bpdylan89.ddns.net that the cert was issued for, as shown on https://crt.sh/?q=bpdylan%

Maybe sort out your errors first.

my ip is … … … is the ip assigned by NO-IP I am quite certain of this.

Check ot my ddns policy

unless you know of any free ddns that allow ssl for FREE letsencrypt has no use to me

Again, a DDNS service has nothing to do with SSL. Since you somehow managed to get a cert already, all you need is to point the correct name to your server and install the cert and it will work.

Which of the two hostnames is this about now? You did notice there are two different ones involved here? Could you at least clarify what bpdylan89.dnss.net and bpdylan89.ddns.net are supposed to be?

Why would no-ip assign a different address than your server’s? This defeats the whole purpose of a DDNS service. Are you sure you know what you’re doing?

@bdsfhn Are you SURE you didn’t make a typo in the domain name in your first post?

I am no longer interested in using letsencrypt… thanks for your time

THIS POST IS CLOSED…

… is there an unsubscribe from this forum? i dont see

If you would actually read what people post, think accordingly and then reply to the questions you were asked, maybe things could have advanced.

You accomplished nothing else than waste people’s time with ignorance. Good riddance.

This thread would be hilarious if it wasn’t so, so sad… :disappointed:

I find that rather rude

A moderator should remove this thread

Rudeness is wasting people’s time with ignorance.

I had told the forum yesterday I was not interested in using letsencrypt and was happy using my self-signed cert.

I was trying to save your time by ending the thread. You decided to waste your time by trying bro

Read an entire thread before you jump in

You gave misleading information right from the start and kept repeating nonsensical statements like DDNS having anything to do with certificates (which is debunked by the fact that you managed to get a cert issued). Then you just turned away without giving any thought to actual facts.

does anyone know how to delete user account?

I’ve just messaged the site moderator to remove this thread as it will not help anyone

just to clarify I deleted letsencrypt

thanks everyone for your input

I don't believe you can delete an account. You can simply stop using it though. From the Terms of Service

If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Let's Encrypt Community Support account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.

1 Like