Can't renew my certificate

I got a certificate for my domain awhile ago and forgot about it. Then about a month ago it stopped working because it expired.

I’m using Plesk and it says it will automatically renew certificates 30 days before they expire, so that was odd. When I tried to renew it manually, it came up with “Error creating new cert :: too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains urn:acme:error:rateLimited”

It’s strange because I’m not sure what limit this could. I created a new subdomain and tried to get a certificate for it, and that worked fine. I can’t figure out why I’m not able to renew the certificate for my main domain.

My certificate expired 6/8 and I get that error every time I try to renew it.
Plesk 12.5.30

D:

Hi @Insurm,

This error means that the certificate was successfully renewed (at least 5 separate times in the past week!). However, your Plesk plugin for some reason failed to start using it and failed to realize that it had successfully renewed it.

So, I would suggest asking about this on the Plesk forums:

1 Like

Does that mean that Plesk is just trying to renew it over and over?

Yes, that’s right. When it does, it succeeds, but somehow doesn’t realized that it’s succeeded. At least, that’s the most likely interpretation of that rate limit error.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll ask for help on the Plesk forum.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.