Can't access acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org over IPv6

I don't see a problem with those numbers.
Anyone can hold their breath for more than 10 seconds - LOL
[well... most of us]

2 Likes

Although I'd argue if your server is currently unable to make outgoing https connection due to a man-in-the-middle issue then it's potentially fully compromised and you need to back up your data, create a new working server (possible in a completely different environment) and migrate to that. I'd also suggest if the server is indeed compromised that all associated credentials (access, passwords etc) would need to change.

6 Likes

All such options are on the cards now..

I have raised a ticket with tech support to find out if it's anything to do with their network. Notice in the ifconfig output there are 2 IP addresses. One is IPv4, the other is IPv6+IPv4.

I remember the VPS started with the IPv4 address. I am not sure when the IPv6+IPv4 address was added, but it's not by me. And I am not enable to disable it because once I comment it out and reboot, it comes right back. So maybe it's something to do with that.

If that is not the issue, maybe there's no choice but start afresh..

2 Likes

Just to put some sort of closure to this issue, the problem was indeed related to the IP address associated with eth0.

In summary, the VPS started with IP X, then last year, they sent a notice saying they have to change it to IP Y. The only thing I had to do was reboot the VPS and change the DNS. Everything seems to work fine after that, so I didn't take much notice.

So I am not sure why things suddenly stopped working. But once support removed IP X and reboot the VPS, everything now works.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.