Cannot renew certificat

hello i have probleme for renew my certificat :
Cleaning up challenges
Encountered exception during recovery
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/tmp/well-known/.well-known/acme-challenge/MXVNjH5sC7be9LpqPn_H8N7GoEsWBYD-gykWX3wUJRI’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/error_handler.py”, line 103, in _call_registered
self.funcs-1
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/auth_handler.py”, line 308, in _cleanup_challenges
self.auth.cleanup(achalls)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/plugins/webroot.py”, line 219, in cleanup
os.remove(validation_path)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/tmp/well-known/.well-known/acme-challenge/MXVNjH5sC7be9LpqPn_H8N7GoEsWBYD-gykWX3wUJRI’
Attempting to renew cert (black-raven.fr) from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/black-raven.fr.conf produced an unexpected error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/tmp/well-known’. Skipping.
All renewal attempts failed. The following certs could not be renewed:
/etc/letsencrypt/live/black-raven.fr/fullchain.pem (failure)
1 renew failure(s), 0 parse failure(s)

Upload the contents of /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log somewhere like Pastebin and show us the link please.

https://pastebin.com/U7iSizcU

Its OK : OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/well-known'

MKDIR /tmp/well-known > working :slight_smile:

Hi @asgard,

Just an advice, don’t use /tmp/well-known ;). Due to housekeeping maintenance tasks you could have the same issue again and again. You should change the dir to one that won’t be removed by these housekeeping tasks… in case you still want to use /tmp dir, use it, but just /tmp/ instead of /tmp/well-known/.

If you want to change the dir, remember that you should change the path used in root/alias directive in your location block and also change the path in the renewal conf of your exixting certs /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/yourdomain.conf

Cheers,
sahsanu

i have edited /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/yourdomain.conf > work, thanks !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.