CA processing really slow?

Is it just me, or is issuing certificates really slow for two (or so) days now?

I'm using acme.sh
What i get is:
Sat Dec 17 18:09:00 UTC 2022] Processing, The CA is processing your order, please just wait. (29/30)
[Sat Dec 17 18:09:14 UTC 2022] mydomain.com:Timeout
[Sat Dec 17 18:09:14 UTC 2022] Please add '--debug' or '--log' to check more details.
[Sat Dec 17 18:09:14 UTC 2022] See: How to debug acme.sh · acmesh-official/acme.sh Wiki · GitHub

And, after some time, i see in server logs:
Dec 17 18:12:00 servername servername nginx: mydomain.com 91.199.212.132 - - [17/Dec/2022:18:12:00 +0000] -/- "GET /.well-known/acme-challenge/el_XqNFTv-YTtJamOlox2oR4io9BnFKB9SPO3G4xoNo HTTP/1.1" 404 118 "-" "acme.zerossl.com/v2/DV90"

Notice that 2 min and 46 sec time difference.
By that time acme.sh have exited and deleted everything it created in acme-challenge folder.

You should probably ask the CA you're trying to get the certificates from, which is not Let's Encrypt from the looks of your log file.

10 Likes

My bad! DUH!

Thank you for pointing that out.

5 Likes

OR
Switch to a better/faster CA.
LOL

3 Likes

Such as Let's Encrypt :wink:

@solkmaaker You can read more about acme.sh's change of CA from Let's Encrypt to ZeroSSL and how to change it back at Change default CA to ZeroSSL · acmesh-official/acme.sh Wiki · GitHub

6 Likes

Switched to LE.
Cert was issued without any problems.

Thanks again!

8 Likes

Unfortunately, we can't mark two posts as solutions to your problem.
But you actually did get two [for the price of one - which is FREE] !!!

4 Likes

Well, switching CAs to LE was actually a single fix for all problems!

4 Likes

The better of the two but the topic was about CA slowness which was "solved" by pointing them to the actual slow CA [good solution].

Going above and beyond to also provide them with an even better solution - is yet another solution.
So, I count them as two. :wink:

Although, yes, the second solution does kill two birds with one stone.

2 Likes

As an aside, I can confirm that ZeroSSL has been very slow for at least the past month and regularly does not complete orders (or even domain validation) in a reasonable time. I think they've just reached the limit their service can currently handle.

7 Likes

Might have something to do with having no rate limits?

7 Likes

Wonder if that is due to ZeroSSL not having a rate limiting policy for issuance like @Osiris

hmmm https://status.zerossl.com/

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.