Authorization result: invalid

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:
tafriqt.com
I ran this command:
N
It produced this output:
[INFO] Running in mode: Interactive, Simple

Please select which website(s) should be scanned for host names. You may
input one or more site identifiers (comma separated) to filter by those
sites, or alternatively leave the input empty to scan all websites.

2: tafriqt (1 binding)

My web server is (include version):
Apache
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Linux
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
Hostupon
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):
I don’t know
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
Yes
The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):
IIS

The way I understand the set up is:
Enabled IIS -->I put a copy of my script in the root folder–>created .well-know->acme-challenge–>1234file
I could access the files localhost/tafriqt/.well-know/acme-challenge/123file
I created the same inside .well-know inside tafriqt.com, and I could access the file

Since windows does not allow us to create .folder, I added a virtual directory pointing to the .well-known
I added bindings and all that
But it keeps saying authorization result failed.
I went thru some of the posts here, and that’s what I ended up doing, but not working

Any help is appreciated

Thank you

Hi @jugu

Checking your domain there was an older check - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=tafriqt.com - created this morning.

There isn’t an Apache or IIS, there is a

Server: LiteSpeed

So a client using IIS may not work.

Thank you, I guess I have a lot to learn. I don’t know what all that info means. I am just hoping to add an ssl certificate to my domain. I am using iis because of the tutorial I followed. I thought that’s how Let’s Encrypt verifies the ownership of the domain.
I talked to my host provider about ssl and they want about $80/year not including sub domains.
Any tutorials I should follow ?

Thanks again

I see in each of these lines you have .well-know instead of .well-known.

What was the complete error message?

Please start with some basics.

Then read something about challenge types:

If you want to use http validation, you must run the Letsencrypt client on your ip address of your domain.

Sounds like you have a webserver, but you use your local Windows machine to create a certificate.

That may work, but then you have to copy the validation file manual in your webserver directory.

I guess I was way off on setting up the certificate. I cannot use Certbot since I am on shared server. I talked to my provider, and I was told that my domain runs on Linux and Apache. @JuergenAuer tld me I am on LiteSpeed. Now, am I still required to use ACME Client or is it just for windows?
Most tutorials I search are for Ubuntu or Debian. What steps should I follow?
Now I am really confused with all of this. Do I need a script to run on my server?
Thank you again

Are you able to install a certificate?

Shared hosting -> your options are limited. Easiest solution: Your hoster has an integrated solution with Letsencrypt support.

But if you can’t install a certificate, it’s not relevant that you may be able to create one.

And what client do you use?

What’s the tutorial you have used?

There are a lot of clients:

In theory, it’s possible to start a client on your local Windows, copy the validation file to your shared hosting, create the certificate local and install it online.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.