My domain is: catholic.sg
My web server is (include version): Lightsail running Plesk
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
My hosting provider, if applicable, is: AWS
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): YES
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Plesk Obsidian v18.0.20_build1800200114.18
The version of my client is (e.g. output of
certbot --version or
certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): Certbot v0.27.0
I have a question, but let me explain my scenario first.
I have a Wordpress multisite in a VPS, the Domain is catholic.sg
- In the current apache, I have a wildcard SSL certificate protecting ALL websites under *.catholic.sg
- there are 2 types of subdomains in my site. a) subdomains that point to the site within Wordpress multisite, and b) subdomains point to a subdirectory under httpdocs/something/
- I want to move this site to AWS Lightsail with Plesk
- How to apply for Let’s Encrypt wildcard SSL certificate in Lightsail (Plesk) before I change the DNS to point my domain to the new IP? The reason of this is because the site should run from the current server until the last minute when I move it to Lightsail (minimize downtime)
- In a Lightsail instance with LAMP, I can apply the Let’s Encrypt certificate before I change the DNS by following this guide: https://lightsail.aws.amazon.com/ls/docs/en_us/articles/amazon-lightsail-using-lets-encrypt-certificates-with-lamp. Can I do the same in Lightsail instance with Plesk?
- This is related to no 3 above: If I create subdomains under “Websites & Domain” in Plesk, do I need to apply SSL for each and every of the subdomains, of is there any way to make the SSL wildcard cert to be valid for all *.catholic.sg?
Thanks for your time, I hope you can help me.
Have a nice day.