Apache Vhost Configs

The latest update of certbot seems to be behaving differently than it has in the past.

In the past the config would create a copy of the vhost config. eg. www.domain.com.conf would be copied to www.domain.com-le-ssl.conf. This was fine albeit a little cluttered.

What has changed is now the script is adding a new VirtualHost:443 directive into the existing vhost config file. This is fine except that now the script is not copying any of the configuration from the old one. I run many websites that are proxied to a Tomcat application and that proxying configuration is now not being copied into the new VirtualHost. This adds several extra steps into setting up a new security certificate.

My question is this: is there a way to instruct the script to make a complete copy of the VirtualHost config or to revert back to the old method which worked better?

One last thing. When it created the new secure VirtualHost it used port 448 which, obviously, didn’t work!

I’m running Apache 2.4.7 (Ubuntu) on Ubuntu 14.04

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.