Ambassador Gateway/Consul Service Mesh - Certificate is stuck in None state

Hello Let's Encrypt.

Below is my host name : qa-cluster3-qa1-core.api-dev.prov.clinical6.com
From past 2 days the cert status is showing as None.
Could you help me what is the issue here.

Its not only one host, i have 3 hosts with same issue.

qa-cluster3-qa1-tie.api-dev.prov.clinical6.com
qa-cluster3-qa1-mojo.api-dev.prov.clinical6.com
dev-cluster3-int3-mojo.api-dev.prov.clinical6.com

Hi @snvchandu

please explain: What's a "certificate status none"?

There

https://qa-cluster3-qa1-core.api-dev.prov.clinical6.com/

is a certificate, but it has the wrong domain name - see https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=qa-cluster3-qa1-core.api-dev.prov.clinical6.com#connections

CN=cluster3-ambassador.api-dev.prov.clinical6.com
expires in 54 days	cluster3-ambassador.api-dev.prov.clinical6.com - 1 entry

And you have created some certificates:

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
R3 2021-02-03 2021-05-04 qa-cluster3-qa1-core.api-dev.prov.clinical6.com
1 entries
R3 2021-01-22 2021-04-22 qa-cluster3-qa1-core.api-dev.prov.clinical6.com
1 entries
R3 2021-01-12 2021-04-12 qa-cluster3-qa1-core.api-dev.prov.clinical6.com
1 entries
R3 2020-12-21 2021-03-21 qa-cluster3-qa1-core.api-dev.prov.clinical6.com
1 entries
R3 2020-12-11 2021-03-11 qa-cluster3-qa1-core.api-dev.prov.clinical6.com
1 entries
R3 2020-12-09 2021-03-09 qa-cluster3-qa1-core.api-dev.prov.clinical6.com
1 entries
R3 2020-12-02 2021-03-02 qa-cluster3-qa1-core.api-dev.prov.clinical6.com
1 entries
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-11-30 2021-02-28 qa-cluster3-qa1-core.api-dev.prov.clinical6.com
1 entries

Looks like you have created certificates but your configuration is buggy, so you don't use one of these.

1 Like

As per your response, i would like to explain you that we have all together different hosts.

1. cluster3-ambassador.api-dev.prov.clinical6.com
  2. qa-cluster3-qa1-tie.api-dev.prov.clinical6.com
    qa-cluster3-qa1-mojo.api-dev.prov.clinical6.com
    dev-cluster3-int3-mojo.api-dev.prov.clinical6.com

I have a key controlling all my hosts https-3a-2f-2facme-2dv02.api.letsencrypt.org-2fdirectory--p6devops-40parallel6.com

Hi @snvchandu,

You didn't mentioned at the beginning what kind of software you are using where you see this error. That was why @JuergenAuer asked you about what "certificate status none" means and where you see that.

This forum is meant for general support for all Let's Encrypt users, and there are lots of different software configurations that people might be using. For example, the largest number use either cPanel on shared hosting or Certbot on a single VPS with Apache or nginx. But it looks like neither of those is your situation. So you'll need to explain more about your setup, what you're trying to do, and where you saw that error.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @schoen
Thanks for asking me in detailed, now i understand what you are asking for.
I am using ambassador endpoint gateway as my API software route it will configure with Consul Service mesh. This whole software was deployed in Azure Kubernetes service. I hope i provided more details.

You should jump of the support forum for Consul as this is extremely specific to that. Looks like your cert requests are working but your cert deployment is not.

1 Like

It should be Ambassador gate way

@snvchandu, thanks, that information is great and is very helpful.

Unfortunately, similar to @webprofusion, I think your specific setup is one that people on this forum are mostly unfamiliar with, so you may need to look for help on a different forum.

If you want to try again here, maybe you should have the topic of the thread be something like

Ambassador Gateway/Consul Service Mesh - Certificate is stuck in None state

in the hope of attracting the attention of forum members who might be more familiar with this software.

2 Likes

I've changed topic's title so there is no need to open a new one changing only the title.